Friday, March 23, 2007

Along Came a Goblin

I am a big fan of the classic Spider-Man villains. In fact, if I were to list my top 10 villains from Marvel Comics, Spidey's foes would fill the list. The Lizard, The Rhino, Scorpion, etc., but the creep that will always be tops, is the completely mad Green Goblin.

There are tons of Green Goblin figures out there, old and new, and I try to snatch up as many as I can. Some of my favorites are the Mego 8" Green Goblin, Remco's Energized Green Goblin and the much more recent Marvel Legends 6" Green Goblin. Those will all be featured at some point, but first up, is the latest addition to my GG collection.



Marvel Legends Showdown, 4" Green Goblin from Toy Biz

As I am sure you know, Toy Biz's (and now Hasbro's) Marvel Legends line of 6" action figures is one of the hottest selling lines out there. Toy Biz took their Legends and shrunk them down to 4", calling them Marvel Legends Showdown. Unfortunately, these weren't that hot at retail, and the series 3 figures, which includes Green Goblin, got limited distribution. Not limited in numbers necessarily, but in retailers that carried them. In fact, I couldn't find him anywhere in my area. Luckily, a buddy of mine from the Unreal Spawn Board hooked me up with one that he found at Kay-Bee marked down to $4.00.



I really like this figure, he looks nice and maniacal. Not as great as the 6" Marvel Legends Green Goblin (that figure is phenomenal), but he is still a really cool little figure. He has all the articulation of the 6" ML figure, making for some great posing possibilities.



For the sale price, you can't beat him, so rush on over to your local Kay-Bee and pick one up. Then you can have him join forces with your Boba Fett, Acroyear and Zartan and destroy all of action figure kind!

This won't be the last you see of Osborn plastic, so if you are a Goblin fan, be sure and stay tuned!

1 comment:

Creaturella said...

He really is a good looking figure and a great villain. Nice score for $4 too. Sadly, our local Kay-Bee toy stores have gone our of business.

Great review on him!