Monday, April 2, 2007

Mary Jane Never Looked so Tasty



I blogged about this on my myspace page a few months ago, but since this is my toy blog, it belongs here as well.

I think this statue looks amazing, and if it comes out as nice as the prototype, I will probably be adding it to my collection. It is the upcoming Diamond Select, Marvel Zombies, Till Death do us Part, 9" statue, due for release in June, and limited to 2500 pieces.

I barely ever buy comic books anymore, and when I do, it is usually graphic novels, and collected volumes. I was curious about the Marvel Zombie comics, and somebody sent me scans of all the issues so I could read them. They were exactly what I expected. Crudely drawn, badly written cheese, but even so, they were a fun little read, and some of the covers are fantastic.

This statue is based on the cover of Marvel Zombies #5 which features a scene that unfortunately never really takes place in the comic.



Action figures from Marvel Zombies are also on the way from Marvel Select, and though not as nice as the statue, are pretty cool in their own right. The Capt. America even has a removable brain.

I can't highly recommend the comics, but the products so far look promising, and I look forward to their release.

No comments: